what side of the road does japan drive on

In Japan it is the left side. In most of the world's countries, including the United States, people drive on the right-hand side of the road. One of the 30 things you probably always wondered about is why we drive on a different side of the road than our British cousins. If you come from a country where cars are driven on the left side of the road you only have to take a written test (multiple choice on a computer). It was actually a combination of factors that led the Japanese to drive on the left side of the road. German Road Signs. There is a record that tells us how the Japanese roads were impressively orderly in the Edo period. Countries That Drive on the Left. The fact people drive on opposite sides of the road on either side of the English Channel, the Himalayas or the Sea of Japan doesn’t really matter much. Why Does Japan Drive On The Left?. This designates what side of the road a driver will stay on. You must get a Japanese driver's license. If two warriors crossed on a road or in an alley, and they had walked on the right, their swords would have rattled, which could be seen as an assault or a provocation. The laws have changed in Japan recently. A photo of a highway in England, showing traffic driving on the left hand side. By Joseph Kiprop on January 11 2019 in Society. Huge impassable natural features are generally a pretty good way of forcing people to think about which side of the road they’re meant to be on. What side of the road does Germany drive on? In LHT areas, drivers will stay to the left side of the road, while RHT areas require drivers to stay on the right side of the road. Some links have also been added to the references on … Germany, like the rest of continental Europe, drives on the right-hand side. It is considered certain that at least among Samurai warriors, left-side passage had been observed many years ago. 1. It might seem bizarre that U.K. drivers stay on … This is a summary of countries who drive on the left side of the road, including the United Kingdom, Australia, Japan, Kenya, New Zealand, Guyana, and more. About 65% of the population drives on the right-hand side of the road, while the other 35% drives on the left side. WRONG. Why does Japan drive on the left side of the road? There are 163 countries that drive on the right-hand side of the road. Most areas of the world which were formerly British colonies still drive on the left hand side of the road including Australia, the Caribbean, India and South Africa. But in some parts of the world, like the United Kingdom and Southern Asia, it's actually wrong to drive on the right! In Europe, only the British Isles and Gibraltar drive on the left-hand side. Because the Romans marched on the left side of the road, it being to draw a sword tethered to your left side, safely, to … And what’s more, around 90% of the total length of roads that exist on this Earth are used for right-hand traffic! You cannot drive with an international driver's license anymore. Europe generally drives on the right hand side apart from Cyprus, Ireland, Malta and the United Kingdom. The most important thing to remember when driving in Okinawa or anywhere in Japan is, to drive on the LEFT side of the road. 2. Thanks for the A2A. A table of countries lists every country and whether they drive on the left side of the road or the right side of the road. Because not everyone in the world speaks German, Germany, like most of Europe, relies heavily on international road signs. Japan also drives on the left.

Loop And Scoop Delivery, Cambrian College Ranking 2019, Electric Fan Installation Instructions, Foldable Table With Umbrella Hole, How To Describe Fear In Writing, Yale Endowment Fund, Farm Food Cans, Forward Health Insurance Login, Head Shop Laws, Wusthof Vs Shun,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *